Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sixty degree triangles

What fun! At my retreat last month I picked up a sixty degree triangle ruler and started experimenting! With this ruler if I use six of them and sew them together in the same direction they form a circle. If I see them opposite together top to bottom they form a straight line. You can see this style in the last picture I'll post here. I am making Christmas gifts this year out of this new ruler. I love new projects. Each one of the ones I have made so far I do a little different. The basic design is four rows of 2.5" strips sewn together. This is a very scrappy look. My new favorite is the one that I sewed one 5" strip I between two 2.5" matching strips. Less scrappy and very cute. I am getting carried away making these cuties! The pics show the toppers unfinished but you get the idea. The little oval is the size for back of toilet tank. Be careful you might get bit Blythe sixty degree triangle bug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home